More event details
Event Photography © Ryan Hoile Photography.
Photos: Event photos on Facebook (tag yourself!)
Blog post: Maximise the Media' Panel Event Wrap-up
Interview video: 'Maximsing the Media - Networx Panel Speakers Interview'
View the speaker interview video:
Video production by Ride Free Media.
Follow on Twitter:
Panellists: Rob Hazel @tennewsqld | Elizabeth Liscombe @B105Brisbane @TripleMBrisbane | Dave Earley @QuestNewspapers @earleyedition
Panel Facilitator: @CatMatson
Organisers: @NetworxEvents @IcebergEvents @LisaMa_ @JodieParker
Sponsors & supporters: @cloudlandtv @reload_media @superfox_ @vivogroup @ridefreemedia @RyanHoilePhotog @missblooms
Attendees: @aimeedoherty1 @annastreater @bestpracticept @brandrally @ClaireMT @clavecontraclav @creativepassion @davidbateson @newsbusinessoz @desoliepage @emmajanech @freshevents_ppl @furnbagz @GJIdata @grandbrands @GrayMediaPR @Ygray123 @HeatherSmithAU @BulimbaToasts @inchcolmhotel @IngenuityHost @JacquieMync @JaggedSteel @Ellusionist @kmo_design @LeaLea036 @LizBogdani @LRandC @myfuturebudget @PerceptionComms @QuestNewspapers @RoyalonthePark @simoneandevents @tamM1983 @vision6 @whoisdavidsteel
Twitter event hashtag to use is #NXBris:
#NXBris: View Twitter feed here
Thanking our Sponsors & Supporters:
- Venue: Cloudland | For your next function call on 07 3872 6600 or email.
- Promotional Marketing: Superfox Merchandise | For fresh ideas to go from frumpy to foxy call 07 3899 6933 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Audio Visual: Fairchild Multimedia | For your AV requirements for your next event call 07 3252 0000 or email email@example.com
- Photographer: Ryan Hoile Photography | Call 0401 413 465 or email.
- Video Marketing Partner: Ride Free Media | For creative video strategies call 07 3040 0207 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website Design & Digital Agency: Vivo Group | For intelligent & innovative online media call 07 3368 3860 or email email@example.com
- SEO: Reload Media | For SEO & internet marketing strategy call 07 3371 1055 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gift Sponsor: Edible Blooms | For all corporate gifts and chocolate bouquets, order online or call 1300 768 996
- Panel Facillitator: Cat Matson | For strategy planning to get your business firing on all cylinders, speaking and facillitating at your next event or workshop call 0410 695 465, email email@example.com or tweet her at @CatMatson.
Join us for a panel discussion about getting your story across different media platforms.
- How getting your story across different media platforms (radio, television and online) can vary
- How to salvage a story that goes horribly wrong
- How to nurture media relationships
- How to build networks of influencers rather than just sending 'anonymous' press releases
- How you can use social media platforms in your campaigns
- Understanding your assets, their value to your customer and therefore understanding how to maximise your campaigns
- Brand Campaigns - how to make them work their hardest for you
- Out of the Box ideas to get the most bang for buck for your campaigns
- Packaging up the right tools to create the most effective multi platform campaign
Who would benefit from attending:
- Marketing and communication professionals
- PR consultants
- Business owners & directors
- Rob Hazel, Senior Journalist, Network Ten @tennewsqld
- Elizabeth Liscombe, Commercial Director - Sponsorships, Southern Cross Austereo @B105Brisbane @TripleMBrisbane
- Dave Earley @earleyedition, Online News Editor, Quest Community Newspapers @QuestNewspapers
- Panel Facilitator: Cat Matson, Business CATalyst, Alito @catmatson
- More about the speakers | Submit a question
- 1 x $100 voucher to Cloudland, courtesy of our venue host
- 1 x double pass to EMSA 2011 (Email Marketing Summit) on 19 October at Brisbane Powerhouse, valued at $498
- 1 x double pass to Interactive Minds 'Building An Engaged Community On Facebook', 7 September.
- One night’s accommodation in a Deluxe Suite and Continental breakfast for 2 in Seasalt at Armstrongs, a bottle of bubbly & chocolates on arrival & a midday checkout, courtesy of The Inchcolm Hotel
- $100 Hair Voucher courtesy of GW Private Room, hair salon in Festival Towers, Brisbane City (National Award Best Hairdresser: Winner 08/09, Runner-Up 10/11)
- $50 Beauty Voucher courtesy of GW Private Room, hair salon in Festival Towers, Brisbane City (National Award Best Hairdresser: Winner 08/09, Runner-Up 10/11)
- 1 x 16G USB flashdrive, courtesy of Fairchild Multimedia.
- Each attendee will receive a $80 Cash Voucher for hair and/or beauty services for new clients courtesy of GW Private Room
- Each attendee wil receive $10 off your next Edible Blooms order (promo code in your tote bag)
Remember your business cards!
We want YOU to tweet about the event!
No. of tickets remaining: 0
Maximise the Media
Join the Conversation#nxbris
Cloudland’s Rainbow Room:
Inspired by the Rockfella Centre’s iconic dining rooms in New York, the recently expanded Rainbow Room has quickly become the jewel in the crown of Cloudland’s exquisite function room collection. The Rainbow Room features majestic views of Madame Hedges below and a retractable roof where guests can dance the night away under the stars. With luxurious interiors including a natural pink onyx bar and geometric brass vaulted ceiling, the stylish surroundings salute the decadence of true Art Deco style. The adjoining outdoor terrace allows guests to take full advantage of Brisbane’s idyllic weather and take in views across Fortitude Valley. Create a grand impression whether it’s a gala dinner, conference or cocktail party. Whatever the occasion, the versatility of the Rainbow Room makes it one of Brisbane’s most magnificent function spaces.
Capacity: 400 people Banquet style; 700 people Cocktail style.
Functions at Cloudland:
Choosing from one of seven superior function rooms, you can design an elegant affair or let your fantasy run wild. You could hold a garden tea party in Madame Hedges, uncork the champagne in Crystal Palais, let the colour burst in the Rainbow Room, become the man in the Moon Room, wonder what’s down the rabbit hole in the Alice Room or take the party underground in The Cellar. Or let Cloudland help you create one of the most memorable moments in your life by turning this unique space into a wonderfully stylish wedding backdrop. Run by our friendly, experienced functions team, award winning kitchen brigade and highly regarded bartenders, you can be assured every detail will perfectly match the event you dreamt of hosting. Cloudland caters for all occasions, from intimate affairs of 10 to whole venue events for up to 1500 guests. Functions at CloudlandLearn More
Here’s a sneaky peek at the speakers for this event.
Rob HazelSenior Journalist, TEN News Queensland
For our 'Maximise the Media' panel, Rob has extensive knowledge of the workings of television network newsrooms. He understands what is and isn't newsworthy in commercial television news and the fine line between ratings and maintaining credibility as a news source.
After studying Journalism at the University of Queensland, Rob was employed by SEVEN Queensland in 1998 as a sports reporter in Wide Bay. Rob then moved to Brisbane where he worked for six years for the NINE Network, reporting on the highly successful Brisbane Extra as well as reporting generally for NINE News.
Since 2006, Rob has been with the TEN Network reporting sport as well as presenting sport for TEN News Queensland.
During his career, Rob has also written for Golf Magazine Australia and been involved on numerous radio panels.
Elizabeth LiscombeCommercial Director - Sponsorships, Southern Cross Austereo
Liz Liscombe has been working in the Marketing, Sponsorship and Media markets for over 10 years. She has been on both sides of the fence, working with her own brands, working with other company’s brands and working on joint initiatives to maximise both brands. She has worked for and with leading brands including Vodafone, Austereo, V8 Supercars, Qld Reds, Brisbane Lions, Brisbane Broncos, Red Cross, UNICEF and Melbourne Grand Prix. Having an in-depth understanding of both the Sydney and Brisbane markets Liz has forged strong relationships in Media, Sports and the wider Community.
Liz began her career at Vodafone as the QLD/NT Marketing Executive, working full, time and studying full time. From there she was promoted internally to head up the Community based sponsorships of Vodafone at a national level in Sydney. Liz spent two years building employee engagement programs and leveraging Vodafone’s key sponsorship properties to capitalise on the Vodafone brand within the market.
When Liz returned to Brisbane she began work with Austereo where she now runs all the media partnerships and sponsorships for both B105 and Triple M markets within the Brisbane Market. This includes GOMA, Brisbane Lions, Qld Reds, V8’s, Brisbane International, Bridge to Brisbane, Brisbane Festival and many more smaller based charities. She also heads up the Campaign response team, in charge of all Client Creative Briefs within the business. This involves coming up with integrated multi platform solutions for a whole range of clients to get the best results for their campaign.
Dave EarleyOnline News Editor, Quest Community Newspapers
Being passionate about the future of journalism, Dave Earley says it's an exciting time to be actively involved in shaping the direction of digital news distribution. His internet addiction is now more than 15 years old, but his excitement for the potential of online communities has not waned, not least of all because the potential of online collaboration is increasingly being realised.
Since 2004, Dave has published his own website and blog, the earley edition, which is where he self-taught online media production; audio, video and image editing experiments that translated into the early days (no pun intended) of podcasting and vodcasting.
As work commitments have picked up, his website has waned in use, but Dave claims to have a decent excuse. As group online editor for Quest Community Newspapers, management of online content from 22 weekly community newspapers from around southeast Queensland keeps Dave sufficiently busy. Part of that work was a major online transformation recently that has heralded a significant growth in Quest’s online footprint.
Panel Chair: Cat MatsonChief Digital Officer, City of Brisbane
Cat Matson is Brisbane's Chief Digital Officer, overseeing the citywide Digital Brisbane strategy. Under the strategy, Cat is responsible for driving economic growth through digital adoption in the SME sector, strengthening the city's digital start-up ecosystem and facilitating Cyber City initiatives. Recently named as a rising female in the technology sector by the Sydney Morning Herald, Cat is considered an industry leader when it comes to the digital space, with a savvy business mind and a robust understanding of the wider business context.