Many brands and organisations developing digital strategies have moved beyond asking whether Twitter and Facebook presences are necessary.
Now the question is: We're using social media, so how do we make the most of it?
Our panel will discuss how integrating social media marketing and search engine optimisation strategies will increase your brand and web presence.
More event details
Post Event Information
Panel Debrief Interview Video:
Please note that this event format was a panel discussion, below are supporting presentation slides, examples or interesting articles:
- Networx Blog Post: 'Social Media Optimisation' Panel Event Wrap-up
- Llew Jury's presentation slides (PDF)
- Edmund Pelgen's presentation slides (PDF)
- Article suggestion by Edmund Pelgen: 45 Resources on Google Search Plus Your World
- Good example of Pinterest use via Scott Esdalie: Tourism Australia's 'See Australia'
- Video to watch via Scott Esdaile that highlights the importance of optimising your social media campaigns and messages: 'Digital Junkie':
- Blog post by Reload Media: '8 Tips for Using Pinterest for Business'
- Blog post by Vivo Group: 'Social SEO Integrating Social Media and Search'
Invitation to attend our next event:
Follow attendee tweeps:
Event organisers: @NetworxEvents @IcebergEvents
Panellist: Llew Jury @reloada @reload_media
Panellist: Edmund Pelgen @edmundpelgen @traffika
Panellist: Scott Esdaile @scottesdaile @xcommedia
Panel Facillitator: Cat Matson @catmatson
MC: Lisa Ma @LisaMa_
Attendees: @7cookka, @ADACADPartners, @BeechOvens, @CARRS_Q, @DwayneBirtles, @LizBogdani, @MiaRedPR, @MktingResults, @OneDeepDesign, @PRPony, @RamsayJobs, @Signetaustralia, @SophAp, @TaybianDesign, @Whos_mitzi, @adviadigital, @aimeedoherty1, @alaryse, @ambrdextrous, @brandrally, @catmatson, @central_group, @danni_redpr, @designmontage, @eat247au, @edmundpelgen, @furnbagz, @gerinapier, @gibbled, @gjuidata, @harbren, @hettyjohnston, @icebergevents, @intelligentpw, @jimbojohnson, @jodieparker, @kathynickels, @kerr_alexandra, @kixup, @kolby84, @lane4aquatics, @lauren_redPR, @lifeatlucid, @lisama_, @littlebritten, @mealsonwheelsQ, @micropowergroup, @nathbush, @networxevents, @niccasb, @nigelheyn, @paulygoldston, @piyushkhera, @princess_chic, @rachael_09, @racqofficial, @ramsayhealth, @reload_media, @reloada, @ridefreemedia, @rivercitylabs, @rpdata, @scottesdaile, @sharmsdiddy, @solargoz, @solarguys, @sosarina, @takeaways_au, @tobeybower, @traffika, @vivogroup, @whoisdavidsteel, @xcommedia, @xxxxalehouse
Our panel will discuss:
- What is 'social media optimisation' (SMO) and why should we care?
- Tips for planning your marketing strategy
- How to help your social pages rank better
- How to help your website rank better with social influences
- How to use your social networks effectively
- Trends such as Google+
- How SMO can assist in online reputation management
Who would benefit from attending:
- Business owners & directors
- Marketing and communication professionals
- Digital marketers
- Llew Jury, Managing Director, Reload Media, @reloada @reload_media
- Edmund Pelgen, Director of Search Engine Optimisation, Traffika @edmundpelgen @traffika
- Scott Esdaile, Digital Strategist, XCOM Media @scottesdaile @xcommedia
We want YOU to tweet about the event!
- Two night's accommodation at a Central Apartments and Hotels in Brisbane or Melbourne valued at $500, courtesy of Central Apartments and Hotels (flights/transfers not included)
- Each attendee receives a $5 Gift Certificate, courtesy of our Gift Sponsor Edible Blooms
- 1 x 32GB USB flashdrive, courtesy of our AV Partner Fairchild Multimedia
- 1 x Complimentary booth booking with a bottle of French Sparkling, courtesy of Cloudland
- One night’s accommodation in a Superior Suite and Continental breakfast for 2 in Armstrongs at the Inchcolm, a bottle of bubbly & chocolates on arrival & a midday checkout, courtesy of The Inchcolm Hotel
- 1 x Classic XXXX Brewery Tour for 2 adults valued at $50, courtesy of XXXX Alehouse. Each guest receives a voucher for an exclusive 25% off main meals (lunch only) at XXXX Alehouse.
- 1 x Double pass to Interactive Minds' event on 7 March: 'Video Marketing: Boost Your User Engagement'
- Exclusive discount to 21 March's Networx event 'Building Brand Equity'
- Best tweeter on the night wins a free ticket to the next Networx event 'Building Brand Equity' on 21 March (winner announced on Twitter day after event)