Online Retail Event Wrap Up
Thursday 4th August 2016 10:31am
By Reload Media
Our guest speakers:
• Jason Bowman, Team Lead APAC, Shopify Plus
• Nathan Bush, Group Digital Manager, Super Retail Group
• Rhys Furner, Chief Beard Officer, Buccaneer Grooming and Digital Strategy Manager, Reload Media
Along with our wonderful panel facilitator Laura Campbell, Director, Deloitte Digital.
Attendees were treated to a variety of tasty finger food including seafood while mingling early in the evening before Rhys Furner (Digital Strategy Manager at Reload Media & Founder of online store Buccaneer Grooming), Nathan Bush (Group Digital Manager at Retail Super Group) and Jason Bowman (Team Lead APAC at Shopify) took the stage. In a discussion led by Laura Campbell (Director at Deloitte Digital), each panelist contributed their first-hand knowledge on all things in online retail.
The guys covered off multiple areas that comprise the digital retail space with unique insights derived from their varying occupations and areas of expertise. Top tips included:
- The importance of focusing on your brand persona and fostering customer loyalty to sustain a long term competitive advantage;
- Really emphasizing your unique value proposition – after all, products can always change;
- Not being afraid to experiment. Fail fast, be ready to pivot and most importantly, show resilience;
- It’s often the boring website changes that get the most impactful results. You don’t need to get too creative!
- Remember that your website is your most powerful marketing tool; and
- Don’t assume that customers who buy in store are separate to your online customers – studies have shown that as much as 1 in 6 researched a specific product online before buying in store.
Congratulations to all the prize winners, including Tamara Browning from RACQ, Sarah Nelson from ThoughtWorks, Nicola Sherlock from Inspire Team and Rachel Montague from SapientNitro.