'The Shift to Inbound Marketing' Panel Event Wrap-up
Thursday 22nd September 2011 01:18pm
By Networx Brisbane
We had a great panel of speakers last night, 21 September 2011, at the Brisbane Powerhouse discussing 'The Shift to Inbound Marketing'.
Our panellists included:
- Llew Jury, Managing Director, Reload Media @Reload_Media @reloada
- Anna Streater, Director, Marketing & Public Relations, Grand Brands @GrandBrands @annastreater
- Vanja Stace, Blogger, VanjaStace.com @vanjastace
Here's a bit of an event wrap-up, via Twitter:NetworxEvents Networx Brisbane:
- Networx Pic: Inbound marketing panel:
@catmatson @vanjastace @reloada @annastreater #nxbris yfrog.com/j2c16xaj
- Pic: Lovely Networx audience at
@Bris_Powerhouse for 'inbound marketing' #nxbris
ClaireMT Claire Taylor:
#NXbris outbound marketing is fishing, inbound is leaving a little trail of bread crumbs @annastreater #NXbris drip marketing involves nuturing a relationship and being top of mind through useful info #NXbris present you and your brand to manage expectations, establish yourself as a thought leader, find your value @vanjastace #NXbris there has been a move to 'content is king' but now there is a weighting towards external social media links @Reload_Media #NXbris if you want your customer to share, know what they want - the better you track them, the better the engagement #NXbris build your customer relationships online and offline, be bold online and lure them to your physical store #NXbris keep your message consistent, keep on brand and plan your strategy objectives no matter what medium #NXbris have an offer for everyone, don't just direct everything to your website, diversify and widen your reach! #NXbris Landing pages are key to driving qualified and measured leads, then you need to put on your salesmans jacket and close the deal! #NXbris look at your analytics: hootsuite, blogs, social sites and make sure you're there. Interact, be social, anticipate & deeply engage!! #NXbris outbound is yelling and hoping the right person hears, inbound is targeting and appropriating for an audience @vanjastace #NXbris the ultimate outcome is the sale and loyalty, add the viral aspect and your customer base automatically grows #NXbris inbound channels like google ad words are becoming expensive but there are other affordable ways with select key words through SEO
- Appropriate content to meet audience so they are interested in the brand and what the brand is about
- Must have clear call to action on website to interest users
- Google loves Facebook & Twitter & blog posting
- Content is king in terms of getting the conversation started and interacting-which allows google to eat it up
- Building and maintaining relationships online and offline drives the inbound flow of interest in brands and companies
#nxbris #nxbris you still have to have an integrated strategy but more so including integrated digital strategy @reloada #nxbris In the next 6 months we will see a lot happening with Google+ @reloada #nxbris have a fast loading website & stand out from the crowd with Adwords and other content optimisation strategies @reloada #nxbris you must have the right attitude to speak the right messages to your target market @vanjastace #nxbris Compelling content is very important to maintain to ensure interactivity and engagement with your audience @vanjastace #nxbris if u r a business u should be using business pages on FB, not personal profile. Not just for the capabilities, but for the stats
#nxbris Don't put 'Find us on Facebook' on ur biz card, just put ur biz page link @annastreater #nxbris Depending on your message, you should tailor you message for each medium whether it be FB, Twitter, Blogs etc. #nxbris Make sure you incorporate keywords into your social media messages #nxbris Cost Per Lead is less expensive for companies who spend more on inbound marketing @annastreater #nxbris the beauty of inbound prospects is that they're already qualified. @annastreater #nxbris A blog can drive inbound marketing. Content needs to work for users and seo #nxbris sharing can lift your status @vanjastace #nxbris YouTube probably ranks well In Google because it's owned by Google #nxbris you need to try, research and test different media @reloada #nxbris take into account Australia's aging population re: social media @annastreater #nxbris you have to fish where the fish are @annastreater #nxbris once you have inbound marketing you need good old fashioned service @annastreater #nxbris it's important to know your audience to make it relevant and compelling @annastreater #nxbris If you want to turn off audiences then give sales messages @vanjastace #nxbris you need to include keywords in social media @reloada #nxbris the ultimate result of inbound marketing is sale to person and then the viral aspect @reloada #nxbris cost per lead (cpl) for inbound marketing is cheaper and more targeted @annastreater #nxbris key to inbound media is producing quality content regularly @vanjastace
- 'We've gone from - Selling what we can make - making what we can sell.'
@annastreater Great Line!! #nxbris
- Inbound & outbound. Use each piece of these marketing wedges for your marketing mix.
- It's one thing to get real visitors & another to get bucket loads of tyre kickers. Build your content right. Do things differently.
- It's about being found. Your brand having a relationship with people you've never met.
- 'People are going outside to interact before they engage with the company'
- Growing idea - Facebook on your business cards - But not 'Find Us on Facebook'. Be more specific.
#nxbris #nxbris - 'Adwords getting more expensive. Prices are being pushed up' I hear that - Solar industry Adwords is crazy.
- Inbound marketing is about remarkable content
- Inbound marketing isn't just shouting at your clients. It's more about relevancy
- Qualify your target audience & build content specifically for them & drip feed it
- Contrary to
@reloada, I don't think the goog & the book are mates #nxbris
- Great content is driven by knowing what your clients want. Then engage with them
- Google promote their own property
- Have a strategy for all markets. Some have no internets, some have slow internets & some don't know how to email
- Landing pages with calls to action, offers & great content is essential for a successful adwords campaign
#nxbris #Nxbris @reloada external sites such as blogs and social media are important for search engines #nxbris checkout digitalbuzzblog.com #Nxbris the ultimate outcome of inbound marketing is to gain loyal long-term customers whn refer friends #Nxbris integrate by always on brand. Everything needs to have same message @vanjastace
- inbound marketing = leaving a trail of bread crumbs for customers to find & engage with u
- research research research + call to actions. So simple yet sometimes easily forgotten
- blogs - create content ppl can connect with + optimise to be found early. Then the masses will love u!
#nxbris #nxbris inbound = qualified leads rather than outbound shouting and hoping it appeals to your market #nxbris @vanjastace drip marketing / nurture campaigns is about engaging with relevant content #nxbris @vanjastace great tip websitegrader.com for free tools on your inbound links #nxbris loving tonight's panel learnt so much my head is buzzing!! #nxbris "drip marketing" nurturing brand customer relationships by positioning your brand through email marketing and social media. #nxbris Don't create a FB profile for a brand. Create a page. You can now migrate your FB friends into followers
- Get onto Google plus
@reloada top tip #NXBris @Bris_Powerhouse #NXBris @Bris_Powerhouse top tips continued @annastreater @GrandBrands variety of mediums crucial @vanjastace #NXBris top tip . anticipate and answer any consumer issues before they ask.online free shipping or incentives @Bris_Powerhouse @NetworxEvents #NXBris CPL lower in leads #SocialMedia #inboundmarketing
- Creating engaging content for your customers will increase the likelihood of positive interaction with your brand
#nxbris #marketingquotables From @reloada "Google Loves Facebook" Shhh.. No one tell Google+ #nxbris #nxbris Paraphrasing @reloada 'If people aren't buying from you, it's because they don't have enough friends' Befriend a Nigel Campaign FTW
- and at point of sale
#petpeeve RT @VEvents: #Nxbris don't put 'find us on facebook' put the url on your business card
Tick of approval from our panellist for everyone's awesome tweets:
vanjastace Vanja Stace
- Thanks to everyone and their busy little hands, the tweets from
#nxbris tonight were fantastic! A+ for great content :)