'Why Direct Marketing is Still the Best' Panel Event Wrap-up
Thursday 23rd June 2011 01:09pm
By Networx Brisbane
We had a great panel of speakers last night discussing 'Why Direct is Still the Best'. Our panellists included:
- Neil Jorgensen, Direct Marketing Manager, Signet @SignetAustralia
- Nick Pritchard, Creative Director, Decoder
- Matthew Johnson, EDM Specialist, Vision6 @Vision6
A couple of things that I picked up where:
- If you have a Facebook Page, make sure you have an email subscription form on it.
- Direct can be across all channels - not just email and direct mail
- Personalise, personalise, personalise! Make the recipient feel something.
My fellow attendee, Rachel McLean, Account Executive for TwoCents, shared with me that she learnt the following:
- Personalise your message: the more you show your target market you care, the more likely they are to receive your information, understand it and act upon it.
- Direct marketing is all about creating a moment, having a direct conversation and opening a two-way dialogue.
- It's not just me thinking "noreply" email addresses are rude! - If you value the relationship, commit to it and put a contact name on the email.
- EDM is all about engagement. Put thought into enhancing consumer experience, stirr emotions and you will get a response.
- Great direct campaigns are single-minded in focus, simple and relevant.
- Every DM opportunity should answer a business objective - Agencies (like TwoCents) should sit down, identify a business issue and look at how DM can achieve that.
Here's a bit of an event wrap-up, via Twitter:
Tweeps were getting excited before the event:rapidbrand Rapidbrand Can't wait for the Networx event tonight - "Why Direct is Still the Best" #NXBris RachelMcLean Rachel McLean looking forward to tonight's #NXBRIS with speakers @Vision6@SignetAustralia and @catmatson - Why Direct Is Still The Best catmatson Cat Matson Sooo looking forward to #NXBris tonight ... who will I see there?
Our panel of speakers made their way to the stage:XMPieman Jeff Polley Matthew Johnson (@vision6), Nick Pritchard from Decoder and Neil Jorgensen (@signetaustralia) are the panelists at #NXBris tonight. NetworxEvents Networx Brisbane Photo: Direct Marketing panel @catmatson@vision6 Decoder @SignetAustralia#nxbris http://twitpic.com/5f3v9n RachelMcLean Rachel McLean At #NXBRIS sinking our teeth into juicy conversation: Why Direct Is Still The Best! With @catmatson@vision6@Signetaustralia vision6 Vision6 @matthew_jj from @vision6 takes the stage at #NXBris yfrog.com/kfw8eyrj
Speakers made some good points:
XMPieman Jeff Polley
- "The more you show your target audience you give a shit, the better the relationship over time." - Nick Pritchard NXBris
- Direct marketing is only as good as the database your marketing to. Having a name is not enough. #NXBris
Some nice things were said about the event:ProfHospitality Emily Griffiths
- #NXBris beautiful venue thelanding @ dockside. Great food and wine!
- #NXBris very successful night so far. Thank you for a great event
And here's me signing off...LisaMa_ Lisa Ma Really enjoyed the Direct Marketing panel event tonight! Can't wait for the photos @lifeatlucid & video @ridefreemedia! #nxbris
If you haven't already, follow the speakers and above tweeps here: