Networx Podcast Ep13: The Business of Podcasts - Too loud to be ignored
Tuesday 10th September 2019 03:44pm
By Lisa Ma
More and more Australians are listening to podcasts. A recent ABC report concluded that Australians are very engaged listeners, some are listening to up to five podcasts a week, and most listen to the very end of an episode. These same listeners are seeking and listening to new podcasts, revealing we have yet to reach mass podcast saturation. Brands can still get in on the action and use their own or others' podcasts to speak to new, niche and growing markets. Podcasts can deliver impact and cut through the noise to deliver key messages directly into consumer's ears. What is even more exciting, is podcasting is still accessible to all.
During this podcast, you'll discover:
- How our panellists got their shows off the ground.
- How to be authentic and find your audience.
- Their moments of great success, and their moments of self doubt and failure.
- How to stay creative and consistent.
- Their top tips for leveraging Apple Podcasts and other platforms.
- Their production processes and tools of the trade.
- How they evaluate the success of an episode.
- How you can get involved in the podcasting community.
- What success as a podcaster looks like.
- PLUS the opportunity for you, the audience, to ask our experts what you want to know.
- Michael Bromley, CEO & Founder, Beyond Billables | Beyond Billables Podcast
- Steph Taylor, Founder, StephTaylor.Co | Socialette Podcast
- Bronwyn Brady, Digital Content Producer (Podcasting), Teach Starter | For the Love of Teaching Podcast
Panel Facilitator: Elizabeth Gibbons, Director of Client Services, zeroseven
Podcast Host and Event MC: Lisa Ma, Networx Brisbane & Iceberg Events
Further resource links:
Live recording at The Westin Brisbane on 31 July 2019 by Select Audio Visual.
Networx Brisbane events are organised by conference and events company, Iceberg Events. These events are proudly supported by Reload Media, Vivo Group, Select Audio Visual, Vision6, Andzen and DPMA.
Produced by Networx Brisbane, Australia. For upcoming live events, visit https://brisbane.networxevents.com.au/events
Follow Networx Brisbane on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Never miss an episode.
Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Castbox or TuneIn
to get new episodes as they become available.