Networx Podcast Ep14: Lessons Learned in Failure - How to avoid the same fate
Tuesday 22nd October 2019 12:32pm
By Grace Lingard
In the Silicon Valley world of technology, failure has less negative connotations than in any other area of business. There are always more lessons learned than when an individual, team or company achieves success. And changing your mindset to embrace failure can have fantastic results. We speak to panellists across creativity and technology about failures in their own careers, what they've learned, how to avoid the same mistakes and how it's changed their approach to business.
During this panel, you'll discover
- The mistakes these founders and chief execs have made and how you can avoid similar pitfalls.
- How to identify the warning signs of when failure is approaching and when to call it quits.
- What our panelists have learned through failure, and how it’s changed their approach to business.
- Chris Platt, Director, Media and Engagement, BCM
- Murray Galbraith, Co-Founder, Myriad Live
- Yasmin Grigaliunas, CEO & Co-Founder, World's Biggest Garage Sale
Panel Facilitator: Liam Fitzpatrick, Founder & Head of Communications, Commswork
Podcast Host: Lisa Ma, Networx Brisbane & Iceberg Events
Further resource links:
Live recording at The Greek Club on 27 August 2019 by Select Audio Visual.
Networx Brisbane events are organised by conference and events company, Iceberg Events. These events are proudly supported by Reload Media, Select Audio Visual, Vision6, Andzen and DPMA.
Produced by Networx Brisbane, Australia. For upcoming live events, visit https://brisbane.networxevents.com.au/events
Follow Networx Brisbane on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Never miss an episode.
Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Castbox or TuneIn
to get new episodes as they become available.