Networx Podcast Ep6: Winning Campaigns - Creating a Super Bowl moment
Wednesday 5th June 2019 03:57pm
By Lisa Ma
It's one of the largest television audiences every year for a sporting event. But it's also the pinnacle for marketing with some viewers tuning in just to watch the ads. Which is why slots during the Super Bowl can command up to $5m a pop. In our opening event of the year, we look to uncover some of the secrets to those campaigns and look for what lessons can be taken and applied to everyday marketing.
During this podcast, you'll discover:
- Why the Super Bowl and large sporting events are attractive platforms for advertisers.
- Why creative advertising is critical in the age of digital marketing.
- Sponsorship-linked activation through advertising and how it works to achieve sponsorship objectives.
- Ambush advertising associated with sporting events and Super Bowl.
- Cases/Examples of the successes and failures associated with Super Bowl.
- Sports consumption and how is it evolving among younger segments.
- Sarah Kelly, Associate Professor, Marketing & Law, The University of Queensland
- Luke Wheatley, Head of Creative and Content, Flight Centre
- Rob Hudson, Managing Director, Clemenger BBDO
- Bumble's ad with Serena Williams (1:00)
- Kia Telluride "Give It Everything" 2019 Super Bowl ad (1:40)
- Carl's Jr. Beyond Famous Star Review (6:00)
- Pepsi's More Than OK (1:00)
- Colgate's Close Talker (0:30)
- Olay Killer Skin (0:30)
- Newcastle Brown ad (2:15)
- Snickers & Betty Wilson (0:30)
- Darth Vader VW (1:00)
- Super Bowl ad: Dollar Shave Club (1:30)
Supplementary videos (examples of Flight Centre creating campaigns in-house):
- Flight Centre's 48 Hour Destination Season 2 Launch Trailer (1:40)
- Flight Centre's Expert Series: Queenstown (1:30)
Further resource links:
- Networx blog post: Creating a Super Bowl moment Kicks off Networx 2019 Calendar
- Networx final top tips video: Winning Campaigns - Creating a Super Bowl moment
This is a live recording at Victoria Park on 20 February 2019 by Select Audio Visual.
Networx Brisbane events are organised by conference and events company, Iceberg Events. These events are proudly supported by Reload Media, Vivo Group, Select Audio Visual, Vision6, Andzen and DPMA.
Produced by Networx Brisbane, Australia. For upcoming live events, visit https://brisbane.networxevents.com.au/events
Follow Networx Brisbane on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Never miss an episode.
Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Castbox or TuneIn
to get new episodes as they become available.