The way we do business is changing and social media is a big part of this change. Learn how to engage your market, connect with your customers and use social media to generate results. Our panellists will give practical tips and examples to help you build your business.
More event details
What you will learn
- Learn how Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube can improve your customer service
- Hear practical case studies about how small businesses use Twitter well so their business grows
- Learn how #bakedrelief used crowdsourcing and social media to provide food for thousands of volunteers and flood affected Queenslanders
- Learn how to use short sharp bursts of free content to inform, engage and connect with a wide range of existing and potential clients.
- Learn how to use social media to establish themselves as an expert in their field.
- Learn how to use social media in a sustainable way
- Learn how to build and manage a community
- Learn how to engage respectfully with the community
Who would benefit from attending
- Business owners and entrepreneurs who want to gain a competitive advantage through better engaging with their customers
- Marketing and communication professionals who want to understand how to integrate social media with traditional media
- Community engagement managers who want to reach a broader range of stakeholders
- Social media skeptics (especially if you think Twitter is only about "what I ate for breakfast")
- Professional service providers such as accountants and lawyers
- Dr Axel Bruns, Associate Professor, Media and Communications, QUT (@snurb_dot_info)
- Mel Kettle, Director, Mel Kettle Consulting (@MelKettle)
- Heather Smith, Director, ANISE Consulting (@MYOBTrainer)
Facilitator: Cat Matson, Business CATalyst, Alito (@catmatson)
We want YOU to tweet about the #Networx event!
Participants are welcome to bring along their personal devices and mobile phones to tweet during the session! Please use the hash-tag #NXBris! Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/networxevents
No. of tickets remaining: 0
Event photos on Facebook (tag yourself!)
Follow attendees on Twitter:
- Follow sponsors and attendees on Twitter:
Speakers: @snurb_dot_info @myobtrainer @MelKettle
Panel Facilitator: @CatMatson
Organisers: @NetworxEvents @IcebergEvents @LisaMa_ @jodieparker
Sponsors & supporters: @Central_Group @reload_media @superfox_ @lifeatlucid @vivogroup @missblooms
Attendees: @7cookka @annastreater @AstroPrint @ausscare @bibhealth @bittersweet_qld @blueskycoffee @brandrally @communiquegroup @dflood @FoodStrategy @FreshEvents_ppl @furnbagz @GrandBrands @GWPStudio @harriganlawyers @Heidi_75 @Helen_Williams @iggypintado @jdabad @kerrypintado @kirstywallett @CareFlightQLD @LRandC @MadHouse_Jen @marcmissiaen @markwsquires @MCAust @merendi @mini_haha @mischarogers @mustangpromo @penelopefrench @QMF @RayleeHuggett @SarahJaneMatt @sarina_jane @shereetullett @simoneandevents @SpareTicket @thebookerycook @TLicina @topologyinc @VEvents @welllinkedprof @xmpieman
Missed someone/change request?
Twitter event hashtag to use:
- #NXBris - View Twitter feed here
Thanking our Sponsors
- Venue: Central Apartments, Hotels & Venues | Subscribe to Newsletters | Facebook Page | Follow on Twitter: @Central_Group
- Promotional Marketing: Superfox Merchandise | For fresh ideas to go from frumpy to foxy call 07 3899 6933 or email email@example.com
- Audio Visual: Fairchild Multimedia | For your AV requirements for your next event call 07 3252 0000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Photographer: Lucid Photography | For your corporate head shots to corporate functions & weddings call 07 3342 1401 or 0433 957 677 or email email@example.com
- Website Design & Digital Agency: Vivo Group | For intelligent & innovative online media call 07 3368 3860 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- SEO: Reload Media | For SEO & internet marketing strategy call 07 3371 1055 or email email@example.com
- Gift Sponsor: Edible Blooms | For all corporate gifts and chocolate bouquets, order online or call 1300 768 996
Event Giveaways... more to come!
- Each attendee will receive 2 issues of NETT Magazine (January & February 2011) valued at $17.90. NETT Magazine is Australia's highest circulated small business magazine, providing better business advice. Grab a special 6 month subscription trial only at this event for only $20, valued at $53.70. Details on how to take up this offer will be supplied at the event.
- 1 x 16G USB flashdrive, courtesy of Fairchild Multimedia
- $100 cash voucher redeemable for one combined cut & colour appointment or $50 x2 for either single cut or single colour appointment courtesy of GW Private Room, hair salon in Festival Towers, Brisbane City (National Award Winner 08-09 for Best Hairdresser).
- Four (4) x tickets to the first Brisbane Lions home game for 2011 at the Gabba on Saturday, 26 March against Fremantle courtesy of AFL Queensland valued at $220
- Each attendee will receive a Superfox Merchandise notepad & pen in their tote bag, so you won't need to worry if you forget your own!
- Gift hamper of goodies courtesy of HOSTPLUS, one of Australia's largest industry super fund for the hospitality, tourism, recreation and sport industries.
- 1 x Double Pass to Interactive Minds 'How Did They Do It - Small Budget Web Success' on March 2.
Remember your business cards!