More event details
Event Photography by Iceberg Events.
Peter Newsome, SiteMost
- Peter Newsome's blog post before the Networx panel discussion on 'How to Win Links & Influence People'
- Peter Newsome's blog post updated after the Networx panel discussion on 'How to Win Links & Influence People'
Matthew Burgess, Elite SEO
Andy Henderson, Ireckon
- Andy Henderson's blog post after the Networx panel discussion on 'How to Win Links & Influence People'
- Yahoo Site Explorer
- Example of bad link-baiting
Find the speakers on Twitter:
And us of course, Networx Marketers Meetings (Lisa Ma): @networxevents
Links between websites are the glue that holds the internet together and a core part of Google’s search algorithm. Google and the other main search engines use linking patterns to determine the importance of websites and where they should rank in the search results.
In this Networx session, local SEO experts Peter Newsome, Andy Henderson and Matthew Burgess will discuss:
- the different types of links that exist;
- how to identify good links which will improve your search rankings;
- how to incorporate good linking and navigation into your own website;
- how to use content to attract links (sometimes known as ‘linkbait’);
- and much more
All topics and techniques discussed will be done in a simple, easy-to-understand way so that you can start implementing these changes and improve your search rankings ASAP.
- Peter Newsome, Director & SEO Consultant, SiteMost Pty Ltd
- Andy Henderson (Chief of Search) stepped in for Darryl King, Founder & CEO, iReckon
- Matthew Burgess, SEO Consultant, Elite SEO
Who will benefit from attending?
- Marketing and advertising managers looking to improve their company's link building.
- All businesses whose target market use a search engine to find them or their industry
Business Card Draw - Door Prizes
- 1 x $150 voucher to GW Private Room, hair salon in Festival Towers, Brisbane City (National Award Winner 2008 for Best Hair-Salon).
- 1 x Day Cruise for 2 people with Sand Tobboganing Tour, valued at over $150, courtesy of Tangalooma Island Resort
- Desktop Makeover Gift Pack from ArteryStore.com, valued at $100 (Alora Ambiance Diffuser, Cleverline Cable Turtle, mini, black & Cleverline Cable ID)
- 1 x daily room hire for the Icon Theatre at Central Eagle Street Conference Venue, courtesy of Central Venues
- 1 x One night stay at any Central Apartment Hotel in Brisbane, courtesy of Central Apartments.
Please remember to bring along your business cards! Drop one into the Business Card Draw at the Registration Desk.
How to Win Links and Influence People
Join the Conversation#nxbris
Central Eagle Street Conference VenueVenue Sponsor
The Central Eagle Street Conference Venue is a purpose built, exclusive conference facility. There is a pure focus on meeting, conference and delegate requirements and we can also theme for corporate entertainment and Christmas parties. The venue offers Private dining areas for evening functions and the perfect environment for that next product launch.
Prime CBD location and nestled on the banks of the Brisbane River, Central Eagle Street Conference Venue is ideally located in the hub of the Brisbane’s financial precinct, adjacent to an abundance of fine dining restaurants, bars and cafes, accessible via Eagle Street or the riverside boardwalk as well as by train, bus and ferry providing easy access to world class shopping, alfresco restaurants and retail precincts.
Central Eagle Street is the ‘Thinking Building’ with building intranet, climatic controls and security, 4 separate rooms ranging from 45 to 206 sqm, disabled access and facilities, secretariat and business services, large trade display area, loading dock with lift access for large displays and private dining areas for evening functions.
At Central Eagle Street Conference Venue, your presentation will hit the right notes and make an impact with the latest equipment including digital AMX lectern, ceiling mounted data projector and myriad of accompanying audio visual equipment for video conferencing (available in all rooms) providing both convenience and the latest technology at your fingertips.
With your own personal co-ordinator you can ensure your event will be a complete success with Central Venues.
The Icon is a 120 seat tiered amphitheatre with the latest in décor, sound and lighting. Your presentation will make an impact with a digital AMX, ceiling mounted data projector and a myriad of accompanying audio visual equipment providing the latest technology at your fingertips. Video and Teleconference facilities are available for your convenience. Located adjacent to the Laptop bar – the perfect location for your registration area, there is also the Icon foyer which provides an excellent location for tea breaks. Broadband and ISDN access is available.
For further information or a personalised quote, please call 07 3217 5333 or send an email to [email protected].
Here’s a sneaky peek at the speakers for this event.
Peter NewsomeDirector & SEO Consultant, SiteMost Pty Ltd
Peter Newsome is a self-confessed search geek and social media junkie who decided to turn his passion of “all things online” into a successful Brisbane Search Optimisation and Online Marketing company – SiteMost Pty Ltd.
Always wanting to share and expand his knowledge, Peter is one of the founding members of the local Brisbane Search Marketing Meetup Group and online, you’ll find him amongst the top contributors to internationally renowned search community – SEOmoz; answering questions for the Search Engine College blog; and contributing comments, feedback and guest-posts on some of the leading Search websites around the globe.
Over the years, SiteMost has worked with Queensland Government and companies ranging from small home-based businesses to large Australia-wide franchises. As each client is different, SiteMost provides a full suite of online advertising and marketing services which include organic search engine optimisation, paid listings (such as Adwords), social media marketing, viral and linkbait campaigns and online reputation management, to name but a few.
- Follow on Twitter: twitter.com/sitemost
Matthew BurgessSEO Consultant, Elite SEO
Matthew is the SEO Executive for Wotif Group.
Originally coming from an education background, with an Honours Degree in English Studies obtained in South Africa, Matthew first gained exposure to the search engine optimisation field in early 2007, when he joined the Online Marketing team for Wotif.com. Since that time he has immersed himself in all things SEO and Social Media-related, and is an increasingly familiar face amongst the Brisbane Digital Marketing field and international social media field.
Currently employed full-time by the Wotif Group as an SEO Executive, specialising in Content Development and Social Media Strategies, Matthew also offers freelance SEO services to small and medium businesses around Australia through Elite SEO.
About Elite SEO:
Elite SEO provides affordable online marketing solutions for small to medium businesses around Australia. Specialising in cutting edge SEO and Social Media Strategies, Elite SEO offers a full range of Online Marketing Services, such as Keyword Research, Content Development, Site Audits, and Viral "Linkbait" Marketing.
- Follow on Twitter: twitter.com/therealburgo
Andy HendersonChief of Staff, ireckon
Andy is the founder and, manager of Ireckon Web Marketing – a division of Ireckon Pty Ltd which focuses on search marketing. Passionate about the web – and search in particular. Andy has always been interested in statistics and analysis and is fascinated by all the data that is logged by web servers – but is usually ignored. This data provides incredibly valuable insights into how users interact with a website.
Andy has been involved in web design, development and consulting since the early n1990s, and has worked for government, large corporates, specialist web agencies, and has run his own web consulting agency and various online businesses.
- Follow on Twitter: twitter.com/ireckonwm