User Generated Content (UGC) and social media are transforming the way we do marketing.
Gone are the days when marketers controlled the communication and path between advertisement and consumer.
Today's model is collaborative, collective, customised and shared. It’s a world in which the consumer is the creator, consumer and distributor of content.
Join us for a discussion about how brands and agencies can take full advantage of this dynamic and new environment.
More event details
Event photos on Facebook (tag yourself!)
Video Part 1: This campaign by George Patterson Y & R was for the Melbourne Football Club campaign. Rob Hudson, National Digital Director, GPY&R used this as a good example of user-generated content, engagement and belonging:
Video Part 2: Cat Matson interviews Rob Hudson, National Digital Director, GPY&R about the Melbourne Football Club campaign:
Follow attendees on Twitter:
- Follow sponsors and attendees on Twitter:
Speakers: @georgePattsyr @_RobHudson
Panel Facilitator: @CatMatson
Organisers: @NetworxEvents @IcebergEvents @LisaMa_ @jodieparker
Sponsors & supporters: @ZuriBar @reload_media @superfox_ @lifeatlucid @vivogroup @missblooms
Attendees: @annastreater @BrendanTuppack @chook85 @FreshEvents_ppl @furnbagz @grandbrands @inchcolmhotel @IngenuityHost @KarolineCumming @marissamarschke @mini_haha @Morningness @niclambie @OurTwoCents @PintxoNewFarm @precinkt @robphillimore @sharmsdiddy @Susan_Starr @vanjastace
Missed someone/change request?
Twitter event hashtag to use is #NXBris:
- #NXBris: View Twitter feed here
Want to submit a question for the speaker?:
Thanking our Sponsors:
- Venue: Zuri Bar & Dining | Subscribe to Mailing List | Join Zuri's Facebook Page | Follow on Twitter: @ZuriBar | For functions email email@example.com
- Promotional Marketing: Superfox Merchandise | For fresh ideas to go from frumpy to foxy call 07 3899 6933 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Audio Visual: Fairchild Multimedia | For your AV requirements for your next event call 07 3252 0000 or email email@example.com
- Photographer: Lucid Photography | For your corporate head shots to corporate functions & weddings call 07 3342 1401 or 0433 957 677 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website Design & Digital Agency: Vivo Group | For intelligent & innovative online media call 07 3368 3860 or email email@example.com
- SEO: Reload Media | For SEO & internet marketing strategy call 07 3371 1055 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gift Sponsor: Edible Blooms | For all corporate gifts and chocolate bouquets, order online or call 1300 768 996
Need a Speaker or Facillitator?
We're so pleased to have Cat Matson facillitating our Networx events this year! Cat is a Business CATalyst for Alito, sparking ideas for peak business performance. With a keen interest in strategy, marketing, social media and personal effectiveness, Cat works with clients to have their business firing on all cylinders. Cat is available as a speaker or facilitator for your next event, and is also a powerhouse when it comes to group problem-solving and brainstorming. We highly recommend her for your next event, group workshop or strategy meeting. Feel free to give her a call to discuss what you've got coming up on 0410 695 465, email email@example.com or tweet her at @CatMatson.
What you will learn:
- Looking at User Generated Content case studies, we'll discuss what has worked - and what hasn't
- Understanding the Facebook exodus
- Why you shouldn’t use Twitter
- Controlling the brand, not the customer
- If content is still king, engagement is the new queen
Who would benefit from attending:
- Business owners & directors
- Marketing, advertising and communication professionals
- Rob Hudson, National Digital Director, George Patterson Y & R @georgePattsyr @_RobHudson
- Facilitator: Cat Matson, Business CATalyst, Alito @catmatson
- More about the speaker and facillitator
- Submit a question for Rob Hudson
We want YOU to tweet about the #Networx event!
No. of tickets remaining:
- Follow sponsors and attendees on Twitter:
Event Giveaways... more to come!
- $50 dining voucher to be redeemed at Zuri's A La Carte Restaurant on any Thursday, Friday or Saturday night (seperate prize draw).
- 1 x 16G USB flashdrive, courtesy of Fairchild Multimedia.
- $100 cash voucher redeemable for one combined cut & colour appointment or $50 x2 for either single cut or single colour appointment courtesy of GW Private Room, hair salon in Festival Towers, Brisbane City (National Award Winner 08-09 for Best Hairdresser).
- One night’s accommodation in a Deluxe Suite and Continental breakfast for 2 in Seasalt at Armstrongs, a bottle of bubbly & chocolates on arrival & a midday checkout, courtesy of The Inchcolm Hotel
- $150 Flight Centre Travel Voucher courtesy of GJI - Data Intelligence People.
- $10 voucher for each attendee courtesy of Pintxo Spanish Taperia located in Brunswick Street, Newfarm.
- 1 x Double Pass to Interactive Minds 'Planning for Mobile: The Changing Online World' on 4 May.
- Each attendee will receive a Superfox Merchandise notepad & pen in their tote bag, so you won't need to worry if you forget your own!
- Each attendee wil receive 10% off your next Edible Blooms order (promo code in your tote bag).
The new specially designed ‘Silver Ribbon Bouquet’ is part of Edible Blooms partnership with the Ovarian Cancer Research Foundation. $10 from each sale of this bloom (medium and large) is donated to the OCRF and the recipient receives a Silver Ribbon pin with their bloom.
Remember your business cards!